Help Support OldsPower.com

Old 03-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
TylerW

Title: Truth Talker
Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TylerW Send a message via Yahoo to TylerW
Default Fking bills are killing me

I have been so broke lately.

First I had to pay $400 for car repairs, $70 for a new tire, then $240 to get the car home after a wreck.

Then I have the mortgage payment due which is $365..the electric bill was $227, the current and past due cell phone bills are $196..wtf?????

Then if that wasn't enough, Poston Buick got a shot in too. I ordered a swap kit like 8 months ago that I ended up never being billed for and never received. I thought "whatever" and decided to deal with it this spring. Well, lo and behold, I check my bank balance and it's -$156 because Poston finally billed me for the kit..8 months later.

That kit better get here right away and be perfect, or I'm liable to drive down to Atmore in person and chew some ass.

I had to take a loan out for this Toyota I got, but when it comes time to dispose of that Taurus you can bet every bit of it is going into my savings account. You absolutely cannot live paycheck to paycheck anymore

Last edited by 84Cutlass : 03-26-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
classic gbody

Title: Oldsmohaulic
Default Re: Fking bills are killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Cutlass View Post
I have been so broke lately.

First I had to pay $400 for car repairs, $70 for a new tire, then $240 to get the car home after a wreck.

Then I have the mortgage payment due which is $365..the electric bill was $227, the current and past due cell phone bills are $196..wtf?????

I had to take a loan out for this Toyota I got, but when it comes time to dispose of that Taurus you can bet every bit of it is going into my savings account. You absolutely cannot live paycheck to paycheck anymore
Welcome to life.

I wish my mortgage payment was that low!!!
79 H/O White/Gold Factory T-tops
79 H/O White/Gold FOR SALE SPRING 2012
79 Cutlass Calais Future 403/200-4R 3:42 Posi
79 Malibu Classic
80 Cutlass Olds 350/350 owned 19yrs
Old 03-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
DukeDKT442

Title: The Eve of Resurrection
Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to DukeDKT442 Send a message via Yahoo to DukeDKT442

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic gbody View Post
Welcome to life.

I wish my mortgage payment was that low!!!
Seriously... the whole reason I moved was because I didn't agree with a $4000/month mortgage payment on 1800 sq. ft. sitting on a half acre.

Long Island sucks.

1986 Olds 442
1984 GMC S-15 sport
2008 BMW X3

Remember, remember the 5th of November.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
TylerW

Title: Truth Talker
Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TylerW Send a message via Yahoo to TylerW

Well, it's called a fixed rate mortgage originated in 1986 on a (then) $33,000 property.

I'm very thankful about the payment rate, just not happy about it being due each month
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
jade81olds

sucks for sure. Just refinanced and new payments are:

442 per mo

Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
DukeDKT442

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Cutlass View Post
Well, it's called a fixed rate mortgage originated in 1986 on a (then) $33,000 property.

I'm very thankful about the payment rate, just not happy about it being due each month
Variable rate is just plain stupid, IMO.

1986 Olds 442
1984 GMC S-15 sport
2008 BMW X3

Old 03-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
wagon

Title: I Have an Olds Life
Photos:Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wagon Send a message via Yahoo to wagon

u guys suck, 1600 for me. trying to refinance and they need to appraise it again, yeah great in this market?
94 Caprice 9C1:LT1/4L60E
01 Silverado:4.8/4L60E
71 C20:292/saginaw
10 Savanna:4.8/6L90
Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
IIIQuaZIII

Title: Master of Disaster
Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to IIIQuaZIII Send a message via Yahoo to IIIQuaZIII

I hear ya man. I'm about $1900 in the hole in back bills right now, my 401k company matching just went away (I lost 8k last year on the 401k in general) My night service pay was just severed, and and health care just went up to 52 bucks a week, for just ME!

Times are hard for sure.

My pockets are empty and my house is taking on water from the spring rains (got leaks everywhere) and I may soon end up in davey joneses locker, but you know me. I can't complain. I'll be sitting on the roof, and drinking beers, and smoking cigarettes cursing ya'll till the day me ship goes down. -Yarg!

"Warning: Not to be used as a toy!" -The mark of all great toys.

iiiquaziii@yahoo.com, iiiquaziii on AIM/iiiquaziii on Yahoo messenger and gmail and gtalk. http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001623773081 in facebook.

Last edited by IIIQuaZIII : 03-26-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
87Salon

Title: Tornado dodger

Luckily my wife and I just paid off the Cutlass, AND she just received another raise for her job

I feel that we am finally living comfortably for our income. Our home payment is $375 a month, I dunno how the rest of you guys wing those huge mortgage bills
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
Eightupman

Title: Parts Haulin Mule

I have one house payment of $1100 and one at $750...

I better stay in for the super long haul..

John

www.facebook.com/darkroomimages.com
Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
DukeDKT442

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIQuaZIII View Post
I hear ya man. I'm about $1900 in the hole in back bills right now, my 401k company matching just went away (I lost 8k last year on the 401k in general) My night service pay was just severed, and and health care just went up to 52 bucks a week, for just ME!

Times are hard for sure.

My pockets are empty and my house is taking on water from the spring rains (got leaks everywhere) and I may soon end up in davey joneses locker, but you know me. I can't complain. I'll be sitting on the roof, and drinking beers, and smoking cigarettes cursing ya'll till the day me ship goes down. -Yarg!
Don't worry Quaz, as long as you can handle an endless amount of cheap beer and morally casual 20-somethings, I can hook you up...

PS- how did health care go up $52/week? At $208/month your contribution... I'm paying $148/month for my health coverage, and since I switched to part time, my employer no longer covers it in full like they did when I was full time...I'm still only paying $148 with no employer contribution.

1986 Olds 442
1984 GMC S-15 sport
2008 BMW X3

Last edited by DukeDKT442 : 03-26-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #12
LedHed430

Photos: 33  Users Photo Gallery

No mortgage, no car/truck payment. Just sent off a check to the IRS to finish off my '04 tax "miscalculations". Still have about $5k left on my student loan, but it comes out at the beginining of the month so I don't have to worry about missing payments.

I tried to get a loan to buy the lot between my Mom's house and mine... Not at this time. I got my credit report and it turned out that I apparently got a credit card when I was 10 years old. Made all the payments for the next 20 years then let it lapse and defaulted on $11,000... Disputed that, and got it removed. But I do owe Citibank, or whoever they sold my SearsCard debt to, about $6000. Good luck collecting that, just how much bailout money did Citi get?

Anyone else get a letter from Capital One about raising thier interest rates? They said mine will be going up to 22.9% beginning April 17th... Wrong answer, I'm calling them on the first to see if they'll match my Master Card rate, 9.95%, if not... Close that account and give me my $39 "membership fee" back!

So, by the middle of next month I expect to be down to one credit card, one student loan, regular monthlies (utilities, cable, phone, etc), maybe a payment for a home equity loan, and a defaulted Sears bill.

Rich
'76 Pontiac Bonneville, 400/400, *CRUSHED* Engine & Tranny saved, Das Boot(hooptie)
'99 GMC Sierra, ton, 5.3l w/Hypertech tuning

-Repeal the 17th-

Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 AM   #13
WingMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedHed430 View Post
Anyone else get a letter from Capital One about raising thier interest rates? They said mine will be going up to 22.9% beginning April 17th... Wrong answer, I'm calling them on the first to see if they'll match my Master Card rate, 9.95%, if not... Close that account and give me my $39 "membership fee" back!

Rich
Got one of those for Capital One and Citibank. Funny that someone who's been with them for 7+ years with never a default or late payment and uses the card often gets this kind of shaft. I gotta call them up and chew someone out a little.
-Dual carb 455
-TH400 w/GV overdrive
-12-bolt Brian Trick 3:91's in the back

'67 442
-Tri-Power (building)
-Frame off resto (in progress)

Quote:
Well, subs have to be very quiet to sneak up on their targets. What could be quieter than a submarine full of mimes?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:23 AM   #14
inscarguy

i wish i had the low mortgage some of you have, mine is 2041.00 fixed for 30 yrs.,( we have a great house in a great neighborhood) my water and sewer bill is 70.00 a 1/4, my electric is around 90.00 mo, a portion of my phone and all my cable is paid for by my work, my cell is paid for by my work, my natural gas bill is around 9.00 mo., jeep is almost paid off and all other vehicles are mine. now we might be moving to a different area to get my stepdaughter into a better school system. looks like the mortgage is going to go up!
'06 Toyota 4 Runner Limited V8
'13 Chevy Equinox LT AWD (company car)
Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #15
IIIQuaZIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDKT442 View Post
Don't worry Quaz, as long as you can handle an endless amount of cheap beer and morally casual 20-somethings, I can hook you up...

PS- how did health care go up $52/week? At $208/month your contribution... I'm paying $148/month for my health coverage, and since I switched to part time, my employer no longer covers it in full like they did when I was full time...I'm still only paying $148 with no employer contribution.
We have two options. A "lightweight" health care plan, and a better one that covers more. The "light" one is $39 a week for me...the good one is $52 a week for me. I am going to be needing another surgery this year at some point, so I opted for the good one. It ain't cheap though. I have no idea what the employer contributes, but my coverage is GOOD. $5 copays, $0 for hospitalization, full dental and vision, no referrals.

I also have no mortgage or car payments. (besides fixing them when they brake or need to go faster) I'm spending a lot just keeping this house operational though....it's pretty rough. Student loans suck pretty bad too. They garnished my wages at 21.5%!!! That's insane....more than child support for 1 kid.

iiiquaziii@yahoo.com, iiiquaziii on AIM/iiiquaziii on Yahoo messenger and gmail and gtalk. http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001623773081 in facebook.

Last edited by IIIQuaZIII : 03-27-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
87Salon

How in the world are your student loans garnishing your wages?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
IIIQuaZIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Salon View Post
How in the world are your student loans garnishing your wages?
What do you mean? That's what the fine people from Sally Mae do, if you don't pay them. My roomate had his garnished too. They can also take your income tax refunds. Being as they are government loans, they can garnish you hard too....I don't think any private companies can get garnishments that large. 21.5% is a huge chunk.

Last edited by IIIQuaZIII : 03-27-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #18
87Salon

Damn, I didn't think that they had the power to do that. I better make sure that is one bill that I don't forget to pay
Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
IIIQuaZIII

Yeah, they absolutely do. There are forbearance and deferment options available to you if you are hard up on cash for a while, but once you use up those options, you'd better pay them....or they'll take it one way or another.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #20
87Salon

What is (or was) your minimum monthly payment? Mine is $80, but I usually to pay at least double that.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
IIIQuaZIII

It WAS about $140 a month....now its about $150 a week.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
kevinkpk

Title: Old age and treachery
Send a message via AIM to kevinkpk

Well as you get older, you get more, with that you also get more bills. I have about 7 years more on mortgage, haven't had a car payment in two + years. Also with more/older my house is 52 years old. I had to take a second mortgage to finance a new heat/air system two years ago. I consider that an investment.

Best advice as an "older guy" I can say is live within your means. I've seen my 401k shrink. I blame big government and greed on that. If I could have taken out my money and re-invested in things such as gold I'd have done so, but government won't let you because they cannot regulate you then.

I also have wife finishing in another year her MBA, daughter will finish BS at the same time. Thats another thing I used to promote as an invest was education.

One thing I'd add if you have a 30 year mortgage, consider a 15 year and look at the overall savings before you think closing costs are going to rip you apart, they might be high, but even in the short returns it will be well worth it.
This is America, after all. We didn't read a manual to build it.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #23
70W-32

Ive been tryin to live within my means for the last five years, and it seems that every time I achieve the balance, either my income gets cut, or Im nailed with a mandatory payment of some kind(taxes, hospital/doctors bills, car repair, etc.) Oh well, I just figure out a way to deal with it. Thats life.

OLDSMOBILE, the Original American Car
........ 1897-2004

Quote:
Just throw some parts at it, you might get lucky and fix it.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #24
kevinkpk

Title: Old age and treachery
Send a message via AIM to kevinkpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70W-32 View Post
Ive been tryin to live within my means for the last five years, and it seems that every time I achieve the balance, either my income gets cut, or Im nailed with a mandatory payment of some kind(taxes, hospital/doctors bills, car repair, etc.) Oh well, I just figure out a way to deal with it. Thats life.
That comment I made about living within your means can only extend to those with fixed income/bills ect. Seems no one nowdays can "get ahead".
This is America, after all. We didn't read a manual to build it.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
70W-32

I just got a $25 a week raise this week, so I got that goin' for me. LOL

OLDSMOBILE, the Original American Car
........ 1897-2004

Quote:
Just throw some parts at it, you might get lucky and fix it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: